Environments (Private Beta)
This feature is currently in private beta. If you wish to participate, you must first request access. A member of our team will follow up to discuss the steps to get the feature enabled.
Out of the box, Meroxa comes with a multi-tenant Common Environment with which you can deploy and manage streaming applications. Environments make it easy to deploy network-isolated instances of Meroxa for teams with security and compliance requirements or the need to isolate development resources. All without losing the benefits of the platform.
- Request access to the Self-hosted Environments private beta. A member of our team will follow up to discuss the steps to get the feature enabled.
- If you don't already have a Meroxa account, request a demo.
- Ensure your cloud account has the capacity for Meroxa to create an environment. Each environment will create 1 VPC and 4 Elastic IPs.
- Install the latest Meroxa Command Line Interface (CLI). Refer to our installation guide for all available install and update methods.
Types of Environments
The Common Environment is the current publicly available multi-tenant SaaS offering on our platform. This environment is fully-managed and owned by Meroxa. Security measures are in place to keep your data private, but each instance is not fully network-isolated.
Self-hosted (Private Beta)
The Self-hosted Environment is fully network-isolated and deployed into a Meroxa-created VPC within your cloud account. It is managed and supported by the Meroxa platform remotely. You might use this environment if you have compliance and security requirements or require isolation of your development resources.
The Private Environment is fully network-isolated and deployed into a Meroxa-created VPC within a Meroxa fully-managed and owned cloud account. You might use this environment if you have compliance and security requirements or require isolation of your development resources—but don't want to manage or own the account with the cloud provider. This option is currently limited to select customers. Please let us know if you have this requirement.
Limitations of the private beta
During private beta, there are a few limitations to be aware of:
- A single Self-hosted Environment or Private Environment may be provisioned at a time.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) is currently the only supported substrate in select regions.
- Access to Environments is granted upon request.
Are you using a cloud provider other than Amazon Web Services (AWS)? Reach out and let us know—we'd love to hear about your use case!